The village of Kortgene is situated closely behind the world famous Oosterschelde kering (part of the Delta Works), on the island of Noord Beveland in the province of Zeeland next to lake 'Veerse Meer'. It is a popular spot for tourists and watersports fanatics. On this saltwater lake with hardly any tide, the 4th Skiffie Worlds (WK) St Ayles Skiff rowing will take place at the Delta Marina Harbour
Kortgene is easily accessible by plane, car and public transport
- Airport Schiphol (Amsterdam) Schiphol - Goes 2 hours by train / Goes - Kortgene 18 minutes by bus
- Airport Rotterdam (Rotterdam) Rotterdam airport – Rotterdam central 20 min by bus / Rotterdam central - Goes 1:20 hours by train / Goes - Kortgene 18 minutes by bus
- Ferry from Newcastle to IJmuiden: IJmuiden – Kortgene 2 hours
- Ferry from Hull to Rotterdam Europort: Rotterdam – Kortgene 1:08 hours
- Ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland: Hoek van Holland – Kortgene 1:30 hours
- Ferry from Dover to Dunkirk: Dunkirk – Kortgene 2:20 hours
- Ferry / Car Train from Dover to Calais: Calais – Kortgene 2:30 hours
- Sightseeing by Car
- Kortgene – Amsterdam City centre 2 hours
- Kortgene – Rotterdam City centre 1:20 hours
- Kortgene – Antwerp City centre 1 hour
Carnet ATA, please check the page 'carnet Q&A'
In June, on average, the temperature in Kortgene varies between 15-20°C and we may expect around 20 dry days and around 10 days where rain is possible. In July, the temperature in Kortgene varies between 17-22°C and we may expect around 17 dry days and around 14 days where rain is possible. In the summer period, extreme wind conditions in Kortgene are unlikely.