Rules and regulations
- Skiffie Worlds Kortgene 2022 will be held under the St Ayles Skiff International (SASI) Rules of Racing (SCRA 2020 edition) and the Construction and Measurement Rules (SCRA 2019 Edition).
- Rules can be found on SASI Website www.staylesinternational.org
- In compliance with these rules all crews must be covered by suitable third - party insurance, it is the responsibility of participants to ensure they are duly coveredinsured. The responsibility lies with the club to comply with ALL regulations.
- Any St Ayles Skiff owner/Club can participate using only one skiff per club/group, as long as the entry is registered in the event.
- You can hire rowers from other clubs , but the points go to the club / skiff that is registered.
- Age categories refer to age of each individual rower in the boat on the first day of the Skiffie Worlds 27th june 2022.
Keep in mind that:
- Every St Ayles Skiff will be checked before launch.
- Every member of the St Ayles Skiff is personally registered and receives a race pass for participation.
- At all heats and finals there is a prior check on age, gender and race pass.
- Every participant in the boat, before and during the race, is checked for wearing a life jacket.
- The finals must be rowed with the same team as the heats.
Heat's, Finals and Lanes
- Each club registered in a category is divided into heats based on the previous World Cup results (points competition 2019), the lanes are determined based on a draw. This is done to prevent strong teams will already coming out together in the heats.
- There are 10 lanes and lane 1 is on the Kortgene side.
- All heat winners (assuming 5 heats) will go directly to the final and will enter lanes 6, 5, 7, 4 and 8 based on time. (Fastest time will be in lane 6).
- The rest fastest clubs over all the 5 heats go also to the finals and come in 3,9,2,10 and 1 based on their time. (fastest time in lane 3).
- If there are fewer heats, it works according to the same principle and the 10 lanes are filled to the maximum.
- If fewer than 10 exist, there is an immediate final, lane classification will be also done by draw.